How to enjoy people by controlling the only thing you can
Sometimes our work would be a lot easier if it weren’t for those darn people, right? Or at least maybe we’d enjoy it more.
Hearing snippy comments, receiving tough feedback, and sidestepping hard conversations can get in the way of our flow and drain us. But human interaction is part of the job, and the success of our ideas and what we deliver is defined by our ability to manage these relations (and our own reactions).
Let’s get together to identify the situations that deflate our energy so we can better understand how to maintain our stamina. Then, let’s head back to work feeling in control of how we choose to carry ourselves and carry out our work.
You’ll walk away with ideas on how to:
- React to challenging criticism or feedback
- Conduct difficult conversations
- Adjust to new roles or team members
- Let go of losing battles
- Not take blame and apologize for the wrong things
- Retain personal energy and worth